5 Free Activities for Arizona Water Conservation Fun
Unless you live under a rock, you know that water is a serious subject in Arizona. The availability and quality of our water supply is vital to our quality of life. This precious resource was recognized by Arizona’s Governor in 2008 with an Executive Order that designates April as Water Awareness Month.
In our Arizona HOA communities, we should always be discussing and encouraging awareness of about this precious resource on a local community level.
We have culled this list of free tools for parents, so teaching at home is quick, easy and fun. There’s also some “lead by example” tools for you at the end! Be sure to check those out.
5 Free Activities for Arizona Water Conservation Fun:
- The Arizona Department of Water Resources has a couple free downloads you can print right from home! Download them here.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency offers some fun, at-home tools for water conservation. Move the water-efficiency hero Flo through water pipes and answer water-efficiency questions while avoiding water-wasting monsters! Here’s the quick link to Flo’s Water Efficiency Game.
- Try out Thirstin’s Water Cycle activity experiment! All you need is a jar, some water, and a little bit of time to spend with your kiddo talking about water!
- One of our favorite websites, The Water Use it Wisely website, has an entire section dedicated to KIDS! Play interactive games like Water Busters with fun characters like Phil Dumpster and Bert the Salmon from Seattle.
- As always, lead by example! The Water Awareness Month website has a calendar layout for a water conservation task you can do at home each day. A perfect way to show your children what you are doing for their future, and water conservation for Arizona.
Please visit our previous article Best Arizona HOA Resources for Water Conservation & Allotments for more HOA specific information.